Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Today starts 30 days of prayer, fasting and victorious living! All who have been invited into the prayer circle feel free to introduce yourself. I am excited and expecting great things in the month of Sept. In some arenas, Sept is the start of the fiscal year. Well this is the beginning of our new year- a new way of thinking! "No man has ever seen, heard or even imagined the wonderful things God has in store for those who love the Lord (1Corinthians 2:9)

As you are praying for big things this month decide on one thing to give up. One way to fast is to eat breakfast before 8 am and then eat again after 6 pm. Or you can decide to eliminate alcohol, sweets or any other food you enjoy. Or you can decide to give up tv, video games, comics or something else you enjoy. But think of one thing to give up during this period of expecting great things!

3 comments:

Brad Dalton said...

Is this how I post on the blog?
Hey everyone...It's Mr. Brad and I'm glad to be joining everyone for a month of devotion and prayer.
More later...but am I doing this right?
LOVE TO YOU ALL
Brad

Alice M. Gatling said...

Yes Brad you are doing it right as far as I know! Welcome to the blog!

Brad Dalton said...

I woke up in the middle of the night, tossing and turning about all the changes going on in my life. I opened up the Osteen book to Day 2 and it begins "Behold I am doing a new thing. Can you not perceive it?" This month I'm going to fast from worrying. I'm going to fast from seeing the worst outcome, from succumbing to scenarios in my mind that show me my darkest future and failure. It's that rocking chair that goes back and forth and back and forth but it never goes anywhere! I need to trust God more...and myself....and the direction things are moving....and see that "vision of victory." Maybe we all need to do that more.

LOVE TO EVERYONE
Brad