Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 4 of 30 Day Prayer and Fast

I so enjoy reading everyone's comments! Your comments help crystallize my understanding of the passage. So keep those comments coming and share with others, so that they can participate.

I've always believed in the power of the spoken word. Today's passage "Declare what is to be...(Isaiah 45:21) reinforced it for me. I loved the part where it says, "Don't look at the facts of your situation. Look at the truth of God's Word. Declare His Truth over your situation until the facts line up with His Word!" At this time I am unemployed and my accounts are diminishing quickly. But I know that God says in His Word that he is a provider. That I am a conqueror for I can do all things through Christ and that God rewards faith. So I am trusting in the Lord that everything is going to be alright!

In the meantime, I am also getting up every day doing something whether it is contacting theaters, working on monologues, meeting with my agent, redoing headshots, reading the trades, developing business ideas, working out....I am doing something every day to position myself for when God presents the opportunities. I can't wait to see what God does next!

Susan, first welcome, you don't have to give up anything big. This month I've given up alcohol, sweets, caffeine, red meat and television. I'm also logging 200 miles. You do not have to do all that. You can decide no video games for the month. It doesn't have to be big. Just something you enjoy. Then each time you think about doing it this month, you substitute it instead with a prayer.

Yesterday was a busy day. I logged 3.08 miles.

Love,
Alice

No comments: