Day 10 of 30 Day Prayer and Fast
Overcome Opposition
1 Corinthians 16:9 says, "A wide door has been opened to me and with it are many adversaries"
As God brings opportunties your way Satan will present many obstacles to distract you, mislead you and ultimately stop you. I feel that doubt is the biggest distractor that he uses. Maybe I'm not good enough, why me, good things never happen to me...etc. We have to trust that all things work for the good of those who love the Lord. Count everything joy! Even in death, look for the joy! Even in sickness, look for the joy! In times of unemployment, look for the joy! If we stay focused on God and trust that he is working everything out for our good, it makes things easier. Doesn't mean we won't feel pain, I mean after all we are still human, but it does mean it makes the pain more tolerable. You know that this too shall pass!
Peace and Love
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Today's message makes me think of Obama's speech to Congress last night and all of the vile forces that are working against his plans to HELP US! I pray for Barack to maintain his dignity and righteousness in the face of those forces of corporate greed and institutional depravity that will prevent Americans from living the life God wants them to live. Barack is a model for me of patience of perseverance. I pray for him!
LOVE TO YOU ALL
Brad
Post a Comment