Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 3 of 30 day Prayer and Fast

Yesterday did not go very well. I started out upbeat and then things seemed to crash. Well that feeling did not get to stick around long! I read Brad's comment, I prayed, I received feedback from my agent and then went to mid-week worship. The minister spoke on "Don't let them take your song!" There is a joy and a strength that God has given us on the inside and we have to rely on it. It comes from God and he replenishes that strength as long as we keep drawing closer to him.

Today's word really hit home! Maybe my frustration yesterday is because I was geting caught up in busy work! When I asked if it was moving me toward my destiny/vision I realized that it really wasn't! This is the time that I need to work on myself as the product. Not create a product for someone else. That strength is revealed when you trust in your gifts and abilities.

Ask yourself those questions. They really hit me in my gut this morning!

Logged 7.36 miles yesterday!

2 comments:

Brad Dalton said...

I love today's devotion and prayer. It reminds us that although God has a plan for us, it is up to us to fulfill it. We can't sit around and just wait for the phone to ring with that wonderful news we dream of. We have to do 2 things: we have to keep our eyes on the prize and never falter in our trust that God will help us receive that blessing no matter what the circumstances of the moment tell us (that was yesterday's devotion) AND we have to work tirelessly to get where we need to be to receive that blessing (the lesson for today). It reminds me of how, when I was younger, I would sit at home and wait for someone to decide to hire me out of the blue! I just thought the world knew it needed me. But I wasn't putting myself out there, and when I did, I didn't REALLY put myself out there. I was like "Yeah well I think I can do it" and all that. God does not look down on pride when it is pride in what you know you have to offer the world and how that blessing will spread to inspire others and turn their eyes to their own dreams. Let God make you his vehicle but don't forget to do the hard work that makes that possible or you are not watering the seed you have within you.

So we all gotta work hard to reap the rewards of God's promise for us!

LOVE TO EVERYONE
Brad

kooz said...

Good Morning fellow Victory Seekers!
This is Susan. My girl, Alice, the beautiful black pearl, is trying to wake me up! I'm not a morning person and I'm not typically expressive about my faith, yet here I am. I've read the blogs by Alice and our dear friend, Brad. I'm inspired. There is much comfort in the fact that we're all seeking. That we're all trying to overcome our own self doubt, to get out of our own way and allow for life's journey to evolve and take us to higher ground! The devotions are speaking directly to my daily challenges. I need to hear them. I must take the time to process them. I must act on them. I must move...physically, emotionally and spiritually. I have not been taking care of myself. I have been stuck in the road. It's time to get unstuck. It's time to really see where this journey can take me. The journey has been good but it can be better, more fulfilling.
It's Day 4 and I have to admit I've not yet decided what to give up this month. I'm working on it.
So, Alice, I'm AWAKE! I'm LISTENING! With a little more coffee, I may even MOVE!
I'm here, God. I'm open.